Who we are
Our website address is: https://sowaseedonline.org.
At Sow A Seed, we value your privacy and are dedicated to safeguarding your personal information. Sow A Seed is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that brings awareness to underserved children in Haiti and in the Caribbean and raises funds to help serve and support orphanages and underprivileged communities.
HOW DOES CLASSY USES YOUR INFORMATION?
Classy may use the information gathered about you for the following purposes:
- To provide their Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of Classy’s Services, and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from Classy and to Sow A Seed in response to your opt-in requests;
- To provide Services at the request of SAS Client;
- To administer Campaigns;
- To administer your account;
- To send you receipts;
- To provide and post results of Campaigns;
- To respond to customer service inquiries;
- To improve their Sites and Services by providing personalized experiences, location customization, personalized help, and instructions;
- To provide you updates about Classy Sites and Services;
- For marketing and advertising purposes; for example, Classy may use your information to display targeted advertisements to you on their Sites and to assist in advertising their Services on third party websites;
- To send you email, follow-up questions about your Campaign or your participation in a Campaign, news and newsletters, promotions, and/or invitations to visit the Site;
- To fulfill your request to participate in a webinar or Classy event;
- To conduct the Classy Awards or other promotions you have entered;
- To better understand how users access and use the Classy Sites and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research purposes;
- When you, if a Consumer, submit your contact information to sign up for or activate a Classy profile, you agree and consent that Classy may send you communications relating to our products, events, or recommended charities or Campaigns (unless such communication requires consent according to applicable law and subject to your ability to opt out of such communications); and
- When you, if a potential Client, submit your organization’s contact information to sign up for an account with Classy, you agree and consent that Classy may send your organization communication relating to our products, events, or other business information (unless such communication requires consent according to applicable law and subject to your ability to opt out of such communications).
As a Classy “Client”, we should note that we may use information we receive or collect regarding “Donors” (including without limitation via a Campaign page) in accordance with the terms of this Policy, including in the manner set forth above.
Sow A Seed only collects information that is volunteered during the donation and peer-to-peer fundraising process powered by Classy or in any responses to specific information requests. We need this information in order to provide services that you request and respect your preferred channels of communication. Examples of the information collected includes: information knowingly provided by you through online forms, surveys, email addresses, personal financial and/or demographic information, charitable contributions, telephone numbers, and addresses.
How we use that information
Sow A Seed does not sell, rent, or share your information with third parties. Except as otherwise indicated, Sow A Seed uses the personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”): (a) to respond to any of your inquiries or questions about our services; (b) if opted in, to receive news from Sow A Seed, for marketing purposes as part of Sow A Seed’s database, and in certain collaborative partnerships as detailed in campaigns; (c) to provide you additional and updated information, materials, and other advertisements regarding Sow A Seed services and collaborative campaigns; (d) to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation under process of law, or as otherwise required by law; (e) to protect the security or integrity of the Site; (f) to protect against a threat of safety or destruction of property; and/or (g) to protect against legal liability.
In an effort to encourage philanthropy and promote giving opportunities with aligned charities, Sow A Seed works closely with these philanthropy partners on fundraising campaigns. When philanthropy partners are actively fundraising by soliciting donations from their constituents, Sow A Seed may provide your names and gift amounts to philanthropy partners on a discretionary basis unless otherwise instructed by you, should you opt out of marketing. Before providing your gift information, the philanthropy partner must sign a confidentiality agreement. A confidentiality agreement must be on record at Sow A Seed in order for your names and gift amounts to be released to philanthropy partners. Philanthropy partners will not be provided with personal donor information such as telephone numbers, spouse names, financial information or personal addresses.
Data obtained through collaborative campaigns will not be shared with any third-parties for their marketing reasons/purposes other than the philanthropy partner and unless disclaimer on campaign says otherwise.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, widgets, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Anti-spam policy and your opt-out rights
Sow A Seed has a no tolerance spam policy and is committed to permission-based communication. Spam is unsolicited email also known as junk mail or UCE (Unsolicited Commercial Email). If you have received an email in error, you may remove your information from our database by responding to any of our email communications with “remove” in the subject line or clicking the available “unsubscribe” link.
Change in policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Depending on the nature of the change, we may notify you of the existence and location of the new or revised policy through email or by posting the changes online.
Last updated May 1, 2023